Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Welcome!

After thinking for many months about the best way to provide information and share ideas about teaching and learning while trying to descrease the overwhelming amount of it all, I decided a blog might be the best choice. A place where you choose what's of interest to you.

Here you'll find teaching strategies, theories, ideas, discussions, and other forms of information. I'll include opportunities offered by the CTL for faculty development, and various opportunities that come to me from other sources. You'll find posts from our Studios and our consulting librarians. And we would love to hear from you. If you'd like to guest blog, please contact me. Keep this page bookmarked for weekly updates.

One place where we might begin this year is thinking about the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL), an inquiry-driven approach focusing on student learning. When I think of SoTL, I think about what I'm most interested in changing about my teaching for better student learning. I think about trying one new thing. A pedagogical experiment of sorts. Feel free to share what you're up to in the comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Engaging Students in Critical Reading

Over the past decade, we’ve learned a lot more about how our students read, or rather, often don’t read. Some of it comes from the fact that...